The Middletown Home is looking for a caring, compassionate, and experienced individual to fill our open Social Worker position. The primary purpose of this Social Services position is to work with residents and their families once admitted to the facility and to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the residents are met and maintained.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with provided leadership and vision to the Social Services Department, assist with developing plans, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing programs which support the vision and goals of department facility.
- Participates in facility surveys. Under the direction of Director of Social Services, assists with reviewing results of facility surveys and developing a plan of correction if necessary.
- Performs a variety of administrative functions including completion of necessary forms, provides information to residents and families on Medicare/Medicaid and community agencies, educates residents and families on policy and procedures.
- Writes Admission Progress Note and develops Plan of Care within required time frame in PCC for residents on admission which identifies psycho-social needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished with respect to those needs.
- Conducts Multidisciplinary Comprehensive Assessment interviews with residents on admission and completes Social Services section of Multidisciplinary Comprehensive Assessment in PCC within required time frame.
- Completes social services components of MDS accurately and timely and completes related section of MDS in PCC; writes corresponding progress note and enters into PCC; updates care plan; completes interviews and documentation.
- Identifies discharge plan; assists with discharge planning by arranging therapy needs, home health needs, and follow up primary care physician appointments as recommended; engages resident and family in discharge planning process; reviews discharge plan on assessments as specified by resident and family.
- Assist with room changes, resolving roommate/resident conflict
- Assist with locating/reimbursing for lost or damaged belongings within required time frame.
- Reviews and resolves resident and family concerns within required time frame
- Other duties as assigned.
- On call Thursday and Friday after hours and rotate every other holiday and weekend.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services (Sociology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology) or Related Field or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of one year of supervised social work experience in healthcare setting and working directly with individuals.
- Experience with older adults preferred
About The Middletown Home
The Middletown Home is a Continuing Care Retirement Community serving and providing care for our residents in our Health Center, Personal Care Apartments, and Independent living apartments which are all conveniently located in one building. We have been provided quality care since 1924 and are looking for talented individuals to be a part of our team!
·Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
·Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
·Birthday Gift Card from CEO
·Employment Anniversary Day Pay
·Company paid license and certification renewals
·Free Coffee & Tea Service
·Verizon Wireless Discount