The Middletown Home is a not-for-profit resident centered continuingcare retirement community whose mission is “Serving from the Heart, in theSpirit of Friendship, Love and Truth.” We serve and provide care toresidents in our independent living apartments, personal care apartments andskilled nursing care facility.
Knownfor our beautiful, historic buildings and lovely grounds, our peaceful andmajestic setting is located on the outskirts of Dauphin County’s oldest townand is next to Penn State’s Capital Campus.
The Middletown Home is searching for an Assistant Directorof Food Services to aide in our Dietary Department. The primary purpose of thisposition is to assist the Dietitian/Food Service Director in planning,organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the DietaryDepartment while maintaining quality nutritional services that are provided ona daily basis.
Some of yourresponsibilities as an Assistant Director of Food Service will include:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing,implementing, evaluating, and directing the Food Services Department, itsprograms and activities.
- Coordinate food services and activities withother related departments (i.e., Nursing, Environmental, Activity and SocialServices, etc.).
- Interpret the department’s policies andprocedures to employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc., asnecessary.
- Assume the responsibility ofobtaining/maintaining/filing material safety data sheets (SDSs) for hazardouschemicals used or stored in the Food Services Department. Ensure staff is awareof and knowledgeable of SDSs.
- Perform administrative duties such as completingnecessary forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to assure control ofequipment and supplies.
- Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for food services service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services.
- Assist in developing and implementing a food services service organization structure.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the Food Services Department.
- Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in planning the food services portion of the resident’s discharge plan.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies.
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history.
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident’s food likes and dislikes.
- Assist in developing methods for determining quality and quantity of food served.
- Ensure that charted food services progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service.
Must possess, as minimum, a high school diploma and be agraduate of an accredited course in dietetic training provided by the AmericanDietetic Association.
Must have, as minimum, 5 years of experience in supervisorycapacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medicalfacility. Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy,etc.
Requirements: Must be registered as a certifiedDietary Service Manager in this state.