Middletown, PA 17057
Be a part of something meaningful!
The Middletown Home is a non-profit resident-centered continuing care retirement community whose mission is “Serving from the Heart, in the Spirit of Friendship, Love and Truth”. Known for our beautiful, historic buildings and lovely grounds, The Middletown Home blends together modern amenities with a touch of old world charm.
We hire the extraordinary – so we offer a competitive, attractive compensation and benefit package including full health, dental & vision insurance, as well as, life insurance, 401 (k), Paid-Time-Off, & holiday pay.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. As a Charge Nurse LPN you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
We are hiring for 2nd Shift (2:45 PM-11:00 PM) and 3rd Shift (10:45 PM-7:00 AM) Full-Time, Monday-Friday
Starting at $23.00 per hour then increases based on experience
$7,500.00 sign-on bonus!
Must have current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Pennsylvania
• Works in office area(s) as well as throughout the nursing service area (i.e., drug rooms, nurses’ stations, resident rooms, etc.).
• Moves intermittently during working hours.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions.
• Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
• Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
• Works beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
• Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
• Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
• Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
• Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
• May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
• Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents’ needs.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.