Middletown, PA 17057
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
Be a part of something meaningful!
The Middletown Home is a non-profit resident-centered continuing care retirement community whose mission is “Serving from the Heart, in the Spirit of Friendship, Love and Truth”. Known for our beautiful, historic buildings and lovely grounds, The Middletown Home blends together modern amenities with a touch of old world charm.
We hire the extraordinary – so we offer a competitive, attractive compensation and benefit package including full health, dental & vision insurance, as well as, life insurance, 401 (k), Paid-Time-Off, & holiday pay.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
The primary purpose of your job position is to provide direct nursing care to the residents, and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Nurse Supervisor to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times. As LPN Charge Nurse you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Hiring for Day Shift & Night Shift
• Works in office area(s) as well as throughout the nursing service area (i.e., drug rooms, nurses’ stations, resident rooms, etc.).
• Moves intermittently during working hours.
• Is subject to frequent interruptions.
• Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
• Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
• Communicates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors.
• Works beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
• Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
• Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
• Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
• Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
• May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
• Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for the residents’ needs.
• Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
• Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age-related needs of the residents served.
• Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
• Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
• Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
• Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
• Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
• Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
• Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
• Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
• Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.