Middletown, PA 17057
Be a part of something meaningful!
The Middletown Home is a non-profit resident-centered continuing care retirement community whose mission is “Serving from the Heart, in the Spirit of Friendship, Love and Truth”. Known for our beautiful, historic buildings and lovely grounds, The Middletown Home blends together modern amenities with a touch of old world charm.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our team as our Hair Stylist. As our Cosmetologist you will provide stylist and barber services to the residents that we serve from the heart in the Spirit of Friendship, Love and Truth.
We hire the extraordinary – so we offer a competitive, attractive compensation package. Who says salon professionals have to work nights and weekends? Your schedule would be 3 days a week (Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays), from 9 am to 3 pm! As a contracted employee, you will be paid 75% commission on all offered services. All products and supplies will be provided.
This position will be as an Independent Contractor (1099) and not as an employee of The Middletown Home.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Your duties would include:
· Providing a full menu of hair care to the residents of all of our neighborhoods in our Continuing Care Retirement Community.
· Services provided include: Cut and Style services to the gentlemen of our community, including beard and mustache trims. Cut & Style services to the ladies of our community including sets, blow dry, multi-texture cut and style, perms, highlighting and coloring. Essential Nail Care (clip and file), Classic & Sports Manicures. Facial Waxing.
In no instance should the duties or responsibilities outlined be interpreted as all inclusive. The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. Other similar duties will be assigned.
Your clientele will be the residents of our community, as well as your following. Transport to and from the salon will be provided to the residents by other team members. Our salon offers competitive pricing.
Bring your talent:
· Valid Pennsylvania Cosmetology license, required.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent, required.
· 5 years of professional cosmetology experience, required.
· A passion for the beauty industry and a love of senior citizens.
· Great customer service skills, cooperate, and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships with both our customers and coworkers.