Be a part of something meaningful!
The Middletown Home is a non-profit resident-centered continuing care retirement community whose mission is “Serving from the Heart, in the Spirit of Friendship, Love and Truth”. Known for our beautiful, historic buildings and lovely grounds, The Middletown Home blends together modern amenities with a touch of old world charm.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our Human Resources Team as our HR Generalist. As our HR Generalist you will be provide support for the full scope of human resources activities, including employment law, retention & benefits.
We hire the extraordinary – so we offer a competitive, attractive compensation and benefit package including full health, dental & vision insurance, as well as, life insurance, 401 (k), Paid-Time-Off, & holiday pay.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Your duties would include:
You will be providing support to all departments regarding company policies and regulatory compliance requirements under the direction of the Director of Human Resources. You will participate and assist with the development of organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Manage Benefit Administration by assisting coworkers with the enrollment process, answering questions and processing the termination of benefits.
- Support the coworker while completing all worker compensation filings.
- Manage and maintain the integrity & confidentially of our HRIS system and personnel files.
- Serve on our Safety Committee, assist with our annual OSHA filing.
- Oversee FMLA and assist our coworkers in the filing process.
- Assist in our Coworker Appreciation program
- Represent The Middletown Home in all unemployment filings and hearings.
- Manage the 90-day and annual review process.
- Supervise our team of Receptionists
In no instance should the duties or responsibilities outlined be interpreted as all inclusive. The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work to be performed. Other similar duties will be assigned.
Bring your talent:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work Experience is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in the HR arena
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, WORD & Excel. SmartLinx experience a plus.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures & polices.
- Detailed-oriented, multi-tasking. Work comfortably under pressure, meets deadlines.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time opportunity. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Monday thru Friday.